the image that i designed and will be printing on their tees and pins is a long, skinny design, and instead of purchasing a large screen, which is pretty expensive, I decided to build my own. I bought some good, straight 1" by 2" poplar, and mesh from aboveground art supply.
i decided to make it very simply, and built them using a butt joint and glue. then i stretched the mesh, using a staple gun, and many, many staples, and hearing protection. I wrapped the screen in all-weather duct tape, to protect from water during washout. if i had to do it again, which i think i will, i will properly mitre my corners, and remember to varnish the wood.
here it is, all finished and coated with photo emulsion, and exposed. i expose using sunlight, which i will have to write a post about sometime.
* i am having formatting issues with blogger and my photos today. sorry for the strange layout.