Friday

long weekend



we finally had a chance to get to a beach over the long weekend - friends invited us up to a cottage that they rent, and it was a glorious three days. above is the view from the back deck, looking out to lake huron [slightly darker blue patch along the horizon], which faces west and gave up a stunning sunset every night. we were in bayfield, one of my very favorite towns. it has great restaurants and shops, and a hike down a heap of stairs to the beach, which makes you want to jump right in. at the top, is a view of one of the dozens of farms making hay while the sun shone that we passed along the way.


we came home to a dramatically different garden - my mom looked after the cats and garden while we were gone, and she has such a green thumb that the morning glories were blooming, and our first tomatoes were ripe for eating.

p.s. I've hit 250 posts now, and I think that calls for a giveaway... I'll have something ready soon.

No comments: