Monday

spring housewares



there is the most glorious forsythia bush on agricola street here in halifax - it is one the walk between the studio and my house. when i was small there was a forsythia bush in front of my house, and i loved the profusion on yellow flowers followed by those great chartreuse leaves.




i am working on sorting out my housewares line, which has always been a somewhat casual thing that i initially started as gifts for my mom and friends without babies. i would like to introduce it at the xmas one of a kind show, but i have to submit images for jurying. here is a shot of freshly printed linen and cotton yardage that has been cut and is awaiting heatsetting and sewing into napkins and teatowels and pillows. i think that i'm crazy for sewing my own teatowels, but i just couldn't find blank ones that were exactly what I wanted.

No comments: